Signature Collection Maya Mountain, Belize 70%
- Gold Winner of the 2020 & 2016 Academy of Chocolate Awards (London) (single-origin dark chocolate)
- Silver Winner of the Academy of Chocolate Awards 2022
- Silver Winner of the International Chocolate Awards World Finals 2016 (single-origin micro-batch dark chocolate)
- Silver Winner of the International Chocolate Awards Americas & Asia Pacific Semifinals 2016 (single-origin micro-batch dark chocolate)
- Bronze Winner of the 2018 Academy of Chocolate Awards - Dark Chocolate Bean to Bar under 80% category
Along the foothills of the Maya Mountains in southern Belize, indigenous Mayans were the first to commercialize cacao and the tradition continues today. In the most ambitious cocoa cooperative project ever, Maya Mountain Cacao demonstrates that cultivating cacao within diversified agroforestry farms provides a sustainable alternative to slash-and-burn agriculture. The cooperative has raised family incomes and enabled greater school enrollment. The chocolate Castronovo makes from their heirloom cocoa beans has bright tropical fruit flavors with a creamy and mild nuttiness in the finish. These bars are available for a limited time only since we do not have much of these highly coveted beans.
Ingredients: organic cocoa beans, organic cane sugar, organic cocoa butter
Allergen information: Made in a facility that uses milk and wheat. Contains no nuts. Made in a nut-free facility. (nut-free and soy-free).
Each bar is 2.2 oz
Free shipping on all orders within the U.S. over $75